Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Creating Heirlooms: Cross Stitch 2010

This year, while staying home with two preschoolers, I decided to spend time creating family heirlooms. Unlike most of my tasks, which have to be re-done every few hours or days (think cooking, cleaning, diapers), I wanted to spend time doing something more permanent.

What a satisfaction! Every move of my hand lays down color on cloth, creating something that lasts. I'm addicted to cross stitch now.

I've chosen enough projects to keep me busy for the next 3-4 years and have them in a box in the order in which I'd like to complete them. Many are gifts, one for each of my best friends and of course for family.

Here are some of the projects from 2010:



For my mother-in-law




For my second daughter


Christmas ornaments for my daughters and husband
(I hand-finished these and filled them with wool;
their names and the year are stitched on the back)


Christmas stocking for one daughter;
to be sewn (by someone else) in 2011



A gift for a close friend, A., whose mother was dying

No comments:

Post a Comment