Wednesday, March 14, 2012

For Suzanne's Housewarming

One of my very close friends just moved into the house of her dreams. She chose this pattern as her housewarming gift, and I spent many hours thinking of her and family's future life in their new home while I stitched this.

A dilemma of gifting cross-stitch has to do with framing for a friend. I decided not to frame this, first so that the glass would not break in transit (I prefer glass bc. plexiglass throws odd reflections) and also so she can choose a frame that matches her new space. She is decorating so carefully, and the frame should coordinate not only with the pattern's color and style, but also with the room it's hanging in. The wrong frame could really ruin the look of the piece in it's setting. Our styles are very different, and I haven't been able to see her new house yet, so in the end, I decided to let her make her own choice of frame. If I had seen the room it will hang in, I would have been able to choose a frame and would probably have mailed it with the frame but without glass or backing to prevent ruin from broken glass. She could easily have those done at a local frame shop where she lives. The mounting I like to do myself.


I wish you many happy days in your new house, Suz!

No comments:

Post a Comment