Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Two pieces for myself

After stitching gifts for others for the past two years, I'm pleased to finally have two for myself. I enjoy looking at these every day.

This is very special to me, because it's the lighthouse at Boca Grande, FL, where my husband and I spent our wedding anniversary this past year. It was the first time we left our children to go somewhere alone, and the island and historic inn were perfect. The frame reminds me of the vintage gilt frames in the Gasparilla Inn, where we stayed, and it has red undertones that match the 2-toned roof of the lighthouse. I snapped up the pattern in the lighthouse gift shop & am glad I did.


This is a pattern I stitched last year for a friend. I wanted one for myself. It hangs near the breakfast table so it can inspire me every morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment